Sunday 20 May 2007

Module 5 - General

Well I have completed reading module 5, and my essay yipee!

When I came into this course, I was keen to get started, but did not see that a course covering basics like FTP or email communications, searching etc was going to be of much practical use to me, given that I have worked with these tools for years. However I am pleased to say that I was wrong, while I possibly found some of the more technical exercises a little easier than those with less practical experience, I found that they lead on very nicely into a more advanced exploration of the Net.

I think the most important lesson for me was that if I want a career based around the Internet, then I am going to have to change some of my practices. Using the same tried and trusted methods may be OK some times, but failing to constantly reevaluate these practices, taking 'another' look at whats out there and ignoring the vast untapped masses of hidden information on the Deep Web is not .

So just like to place my last post here for the Net11 Learning Log and say that I am looking forward to continuing studies in this field and eventually completing the BA Internet Studies. Thank you for the wake up call and for the interesting paths in which you have led me down

kind regards
Lisa Findlater

No comments: